Women in NAAAP (WIN!) is a special program created and developed to build competent and confident women leaders within NAAAP and within the Asian Pacific community. WIN!’s overall objectives include:
- Equip Asian American women with skills, confidence, and resources to effectively lead in a multicultural environment.
- Connect Asian American leaders to role models and create a mentoring network.
- Empower Asian American women and educate about challenging perceptions.
- Engage with the community at large and represent Asian American women across the world.
- Inspire Asian American women to make meaningful difference in government, education, business, and society.
Women in NAAAP! was launched at the 23rd annual NAAAP National Convention in Denver in August 2009 and has offered tracks and sessions in the following 4 annual National Conventions. Ms. Judi Rhee Alloway chartered the program and led WIN! for 4 years.
Women in NAAAP!’s Vision:
Empowering, supporting and engaging Asian American women to succeed as professional and personal leaders as well as contributing to their communities and cultures.
In 2010, WIN! created a platform to launch its unique leadership training program for NAAAP members and the Pan Asian Diaspora. WIN! helped NAAAP establish a partnership with Macy’s, the first and exclusive Diamond Sponsor for NAAAP’s Annual Leadership Convention and Diversity Career Fair.
In 2011, WIN! worked closely with specific chapters to host Regional WIN! Conferences — Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas-Fort Worth. Regional full day conferences has provided rich programming, engaged local and national sponsors, and energized existing and new members. NAAAP continues to initiate and establish partnerships with premier national and international leadership organizations.
In 2012, several chapters including NAAAP San Diego and NAAAP Boston continued regularly scheduled sessions focused on women speakers and career issues.
Moving forward in 2014, WIN! will continue to offer national resources to chapters in search of themes, curricula, suggested speakers, and potential sponsor connections.
To learn more about the WIN! Programs or sponsorship inquiries, please feel free to reach out to WIN! Atlanta Team at firstname.lastname@example.org